It has been a long and winding road to get here, but finally the data gathering is complete. I think the complexity of the experimental design caught both of us by surprise. Developing an experimental design that enabled us to track and trace the search process while keeping tabs on the choices people made and when was challenging. Next, we also had to find a way to implement it. Given budgetary constraints and a desire to keep full control we decided to self-host and programmed the survey in Shiny. The complete survey instrument will be published and discussed in a future post. For now, we are just very excited to finally start digging into the data and to test the hypotheses we set out to test!